Friday 18 July 2008

The real end of the world as we know it

Graduation. It's really all over now. It was a great day. Loads of photos and catching up with the folks off the course. It's sad to think that I might not talk to them much again. I really want to make the effort to keep in touch. Laura is having a party in September, so I'll definitely go up to that. Hopefully the others will too.

Seeing my degree certificate...that was amazing. 4 years, and it's all been leading to that bit of paper. I just can't believe it's really all over now. It was almost over when I finished my dissertation. It was almost over when I sat my last exam and celebrated with everyone on the course. It was almost over when I went to the end of year ball with my first and second year housemates. It was almost over when I moved out of Hull and said goodbye to my third and fourth year housemate. It was almost over when I got my results and knew I'd passed. Only now is it really all over.

I can't stop being happy about something my mum said last night when I kept looking at my certificate. Whatever else happens, no one can ever take this away from me. I'll always have this degree.

No comments: