Wednesday 15 October 2008

A Normal Post

Most of my recent posts have been on a specific subject, and sort of like reviews. It's been good, because I've found that kind of thing gets my blog loads more hits. I chose a new template last week too, and redid all the colours. Again, more appealing, more hits. I like to know people are reading. It was really cool to get a comment on the Big Cat post from someone from the BBC.

Anyway, what's new? I'm in week 2 in my house, and I love it here. It's not like being away from home at all. This is my home now. I'm pretty bored this week though. So far I've spent most of it on my PC or watching TV, and most of the TV is on my PC anyway. I do little things everyday to make sure I'm not being totally useless, like today I did my washing and went into town to get some keys cut, but that doesn't take up much time. I guess really I should make the most of my last week of freedom from work, but really I just want to get started.

Another thing I wanted to mention in this post relates to my earlier post about getting the new Oasis album. I had some problems getting it from iTunes, and I can't be arsed to explain the situation, but there were complications and I'm still owed a bonus track. iTunes have been fantastic about it though. I've never known customer support to be so good. I get regular emails to say they haven't forgotten me, and every communication has been personal and detailed. They even gave me 2 free store credits to make up for the delay. I decided to spend the first on an Oasis bside, a really chilled track called Sitting Here In Silence (On My Own), and then the second on Transatlanticism by Death Cab For Cutie. This song came up on a Last FM radio a few months ago, and I've really got into it. I'm not a huge fan of the band, but this song is something else. It's not something I'd think to buy without a free credit, so I think it was a good use of it. I then went on to buy another song, since I've also got into some Sigur Ros on Last FM, and really really wanted Hoppipolla. I thought it was beautiful as the theme to Planet Earth, and when I heard the full song, I had to get it.

Anyway, I'll probably post my usual list of watch TV I've been watching tomorrow. Some good stuff on lately.


----------------
Now playing: Sigur Rós - Hoppípolla
via FoxyTunes

No comments: