Wednesday 19 December 2007

I know he'll stay next time...

Yesterday I watched the DS9 season 7 finale...again. What got me wanting to watching it? Firstly, I was browsing DVDs in Derby at the weekend and I came across the Star Trek Captain's Log collection. I immediately wanted to watch all the DS9 episodes mentioned on that, particularly In the Pale Moonlight. I haven't got that one here with me though, since season 5 is at my mum's house. Secondly, I wanted sci-fi, and it's been a while since I DS9ed, and Atlantis is off until January. Thirdly, I wanted something that'd really get to me. I was emotional anyway, and I always cry at the DS9 finale. I'd already cried far too much at the Dawson's Creek after Mitch dies (I realise that might sound pathetic, but anyone who doesn't cry at that one isn't human) and What You Leave Behind seemed perfect.

So what can I say? It is by FAAAR the best final episode of any series I've followed. Buffy had a great ending, but DS9 was perfect. Everything was wrapped up. Every character's story. Just perfect. I love how it comes down to Sisko vs Dukat at the end, as it should be. I love how Damar, someone who you had really hated after the Dominion occupation of DS9 and the death of Ziyal, died a hero, and without him the war may not have been won. I get upset every time the crew separates at the end though. The worst part, and the part that never fails to get me, is that Odo leaves. He leaves, granted because he really has to, after all that time waiting for him and Kira to get together. That is the saddest part of all of it. Well, I guess Sisko leaving his pregnant wife is a big deal, but Odo was always my favourite character. I joke to people that I watch it so often because eventually they'll come a time when I watch it and Odo decides to stay. Maybe one day he will...

Speaking of other TV things, I've seen the Lost trailer today. Looks interesting. It's weird that I'm not more bothered about it. I love Lost, and I'm obsessed when it's on. I was desperate for season 2 when 1 finished, and almost as bad waiting for 3. I am really excited about 4, but I think it's overshadowed by the fact that I'm so into Atlantis, and waiting for Battlestar series 4. That will be amazing. I have Razor waiting for me on the Sky+ back at my mum's, and I'll probably buy that on DVD as soon as it's out. This is why Lost gets put on the back burner. I'm too obsessed with sci fi.

If only writing essays came as easily as writing about TV :P I know I could get a first class degree in DS9. The only thing I could do better in is the history of Middle Earth :P


----------------
Now playing: Rocky Horror - Rose Tint My World
via FoxyTunes

No comments: