Monday 17 December 2007

Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf

This song is by The Killers, and it's pretty fantastic. I listened to their Sawdust album when someone was sharing it on the network using iTunes (good legal way to preview music, listening to other people's shared libraries) and most of it is pretty average. Absolutely nothing else stood out, but I loved Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf from the first time I heard it. My Last FM will be fill of The Killers this week, because I listened to that and remembered how good some of their older songs were. It's just one of those songs that gets you the first time you hear it, and you need to keep listening over and over.

Other stuff. Stargate Atlantis season 4 episode 10. I was impressed. Not as dramatic a cliffhanger as some of their previous ones, but I still can't wait for January. Obvious lack of Carter, which was odd because she is supposed to be in charge, but on the whole season 4 has been great. More other stuff? I finished reading Dune. Now that was a good book. You can see that so much later sci fi was influenced by Dune. I'm tired now so I'm hardly in review writing mode, but people should read it anyway.

And now I think I'm gonna get off the computer for the night. The internet has bored me to the point that I've hardly been on this weekend.

No comments: